I hate shaving, and I'm sure I'm not alone! Of course, there are other options, from plucking to laser removal, but by far the most popular alternative to shaving body hair is waxing. You could go to a salon (and frankly, they do the best work), but what about those at-home kits? You might as well visit the salon for the price! But if you're willing to put in a little effort, you can create your own wax! Here's what you'll need:
1 cup granulated (not powdered) sugar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup warm water
1 pot, large enough for mixture to double
Several strips of firm cotton fabric (optional)
1. Combine all of the ingredients in the pot and stir until fully combined.
2. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly.
3. Reduce heat to medium, or low enough for the mixture to simmer.
4. Once the sugar is fully dissolved, remove from heat. Let the mixture cool until it is comfortable enough to put on skin: it does not need to be hot!
5. Spread 1/4 inch layer on the skin, and quickly pull it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
How easy is that? Store any extra wax in the fridge for about 2 weeks, and enjoy that smooth skin!