Your Voice, Our Headlines

Download Folkspaper App with no Ads!


A fast-growing newspaper curated by the online community.

Gwyneth Paltrow's Vagina Candle Explodes In UK Woman's Home, Said To Have Ignited An 'Inferno'

  • tag_facesReaction
  • Tip Bones

A woman who purchased Gwyneth Paltrow’s vagina-smelling candle was dumbfounded after it exploded into huge flames in her living room.

Last January, Paltrow launched a candle on her Goop online shop that had a very unconventional scent. Called “This Smells Like My Vagina” candle, the product began initially as a joke between perfumer Douglas Little and the actress. But it eventually evolved into a beautifully developed merchandise that Paltrow marketed at $75. When Paltrow first released the candle, it was sold-out in a matter of hours, and she has since been restocking her Goop store to make sure that all customers have access to the product.

While the candle has mostly received rave reviews, a customer recently experienced a tragic disaster after she won the fragrant product in a quiz. Fox Business reports that Jody Thompson, a 50-year-old woman living in Kilburn, North London, narrowly escaped death after her GP vagina-smelling candle exploded.

As per Thomspon, she had lit the candle in her living room. But as soon as the wick caught fire, the entire odoriferous product blew up, stirring an inferno-like situation in her living room. Thompson recalls that she could notice bits of flames everywhere in her living room after the candle disaster. The product itself was too hot to touch, it was ablaze and there was the risk that the entire house could catch fire.

“The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere,” said Thompson.

“I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room.”

Thompson said that after the explosion her partner David Snow took the candle and threw it out of the front door. It isn’t clear at the moment if there was a problem with the product or its packaging that caused the blast. Both Goop and Paltrow are silent on the matter . 

Source: Fox Business